We’re excited to have you joining for The Hmm IN Gaming Spaces on Wednesday. ٩(◕‿◕。)۶ During this tour we’ll explore the social impact, possibilities, and power of gaming spaces by touring different gaming spaces and meeting five speakers along the way. Below we’ll share the tour destinations and guide you through how to join.
** Please note: to join our speakers in RuneScape and League of Legends, ± an hour of preparation work is required! Before you can join these games you’ll need to download and install them, which can take quite some time, especially for League of Legends, depending on your internet connection. After the installation, you’ll need to finish a tutorial for these games, which can take up to about 50 minutes for the two games together. **
If don’t want to download those games for this event, you can just follow the talks via our livestream.
➤ We’ll begin the evening on our livestream platform on this URL: live.thehmm.nl/g4m3rt1m3
➤ From there we’ll move to RuneScape for Phoebe’s presentation
➤ We’ll continue with Sarjon’s talk on our livestream platform
➤ For Evelyn’s talk we’ll meet in League of Legends
➤ And we’ll finish in Skittish, where Berend and Tim will share their stories with us.
➤ If you don’t feel like joining the tour, all presentations will be streamed on our livestream as well.
Rules for each platform
- Join our Skittish event space via: https://live.skittish.com/event/WJKkrj.
- To enter, you can login with your Google or Twitter account or sign up via email, if you don’t a Skittish account yet.
- After you have signed in, fill in your name and make sure you give your internet browser permission to use your microphone. You can always mute yourself later by clicking on the microphone icon.
- Then click the “join now” button to enter the event. (If you have issues entering the event from your phone please try to refresh the page.)
- We saved the best for last: pick your favourite animal avatar and join the room! A frog is waiting to welcome you!
- You can join the text chat via this button in the bottom left corner of the screen.
- To mute and unmute yourself, use the microphone button in the top right corner of the screen.
- You can move around using WASD, arrows keys, or click with your cursor to the place you want your avatar to go. Try walking around while talking to others, as Skittish has spacial audio that lets you hear people around you just like you would in real life.
- Go to https://oldschool.runescape.com/download on your computer or search for “Old School RuneScape” in the iOS App Store or the Google Play Store on your phone.
- Download and install RuneScape.
- Before you login or create a new user make sure you are in the right “world”. This is basically the server you’re joining. In the bottom left corner you’ll find button which you can click or tap to select the right world.
- From the list of all the worlds select 301.
- Sign in or create an account.
- When you create a new account you will be taken to a tutorial that takes approximately 20 minutes to complete, in which you learn the basic navigation and controls of RuneScape while baking a bread or making a fire. It’s best to complete this before the event starts!
- Afterwards, you will be transported to a town called Lumbridge where we will meet our speaker Phoebe, during the event.
- If you somehow are not in World 301click the cross icon in the upper right corner of the screen and then on the door icon, if you are playing on a computer. Are you playing on your phone: tap on the door icon in the bottom right of the screen, go to the “World Switcher” to select and go to World 301.
League of Legends
- Go to https://signup.leagueoflegends.com/en-gb/signup/index#/ to register as a user and download the installer for the game.
** Please note that even though the installer is quite small, the full game once it’s downloaded is 19GB, so make sure you have enough space on your hard drive!**
- During or after the installation you can login with the username and password you just registered online.
- After the game is installed, you will have to complete a three part tutorial that takes between 20 and 30 minutes.
- To join the game during the event click the big button that says “Play” in the upper left corner of the screen.
- Then choose “Join custom”. We’ll tell you which game to pick during the event!